What does this mean for me?
Any PCO driver that renewed or received a new license from the 14 October 2016 has until 30th September 2020 to provide evidence of their English language ability
How can I prove my English level?
- UK GCSE/O level (or equivalent) certificate at grades A* to G
- UK AS-Level/A level certificate
- UK NVQ*/B-Tech/City & Guilds qualification, along with confirmation from the awarding body that the qualification provided is equivalent to GCSE or above (for example, a Blue Badge Guide qualification)
- UK BA Hons, BSc Hons degree or higher i.e. master’s, PhD
- UK HNC/HND qualification
- SELT certificate at B1 level or higher, issued by Trinity College London or IELTS showing proficiency in reading, writing, speaking and listening
The subject of the qualification does not matter as long as it was taught in English.
How can I find a lost certificate?
If you have lost your certificate (don’t worry you won’t be the only one!) then AQA can help. They specialise in providing verification for any lost certificates. Tfl will accept documentation from AQA.
Where can I take my English test?
At the present moment in time, there are currently two approved interim English language test providers: Trinity College London and IELTS (International English Language Test System). Interestingly enough, Trinity have a centre only seconds away from our Otto office here in Hammersmith.
How much will the English test cost?
The test must be completed at a provider appointed by TfL and is expected to cost applicants between £180 and £200.
Who can help me improve my level of English?
There is a wealth of companies and organisations out there that can help you improve your English.
Trinity College London has specifically put together a new online virtual learning environment, where you will find free information and activities to help prepare you for the ISE I (B1) test (English Test).
Everything from reading and writing material to speaking and listening, it's all available right now online.
Click on this link here: http://support.trinitycollege.co.uk/course/index.php?categoryid=61&dm_i=1IYR,5JTCC,JYS71L,LJGQZ,1
How can I submit my qualification to Tfl?
- Submit Online Enquiry
- Submitting an on-line enquiry via your customer account at http://tph.tfl.gov.uk
You can send a copy of your qualification certificate to TfL. Please include a piece of paper with your PCO number (found on your Private Hire Driver Licence) in the letter. The postal address for TfL is:
TfL Taxi and Private Hire
PO Box 177
If you have any questions about submitting your English Language evidence, you can call TfL on 0343 222 4444 or email them at email@example.com