Rent 2 Buy part time drivers
What is RENT-2-BUY?
- Become an Owner Driver
For part-time PCO drivers, this is the easy way to be an owner driver. You can own a brand new Toyota Prius Hybrid Active from just £184/pw including free servicing and pco insurance.
We also take the hassle out of the job by including MOT, road tax and the PHV licence for the car in the weekly price
There is no credit check and the scheme includes a 4 week holiday break and comes with our CCTV camera system.
- What are my options after 3 years?
At the end of the contract you have 3 options:
1. Extend contract by 1 year to own
2. Pay it off. Balloon Payment of £5495 to own
3. Return the car
What are the PAYMENTS required?
- Down Payment
- All our pco cars on the part-time scheme require just a £750 down payment to get started, simple!
- Does my weekly rental price include servicing and insurance?
- Absolutely, all servicing and pco insurance is included free of charge in your plan. This includes 5 free services up to 72,000 miles
- Payment Plan
All pricing includes Free Insurance and Servicing
CAR COND. PRICE PLAN Toyota Prius
3 Years Auris
Am I ELIGIBILE?
- Credit Check: what if I have a 'bad' credit-score?
- Rarely a problem. Otto is more interested in your present than your past. So long as you can show that you have been working for Uber for at least one month then that is usually fine
- Minimum Age
- 25 is the minimum age.
- Minimum Experience: What is required?
Must be a part-time PCO driver
Must have at least 1 months PCO experience
Have lived in London for 1 year
Must currently live in London
Good level of English
- Do I have to work with Uber to rent from Otto Car?
- NO, you’re more than welcome to use other companies with our cars.
Contract for Rent-2-Buy
- Who is my contract with?
Your Rent-2-Buy and insurance contract is with Otto Car Limited
- What if I want to cancel my Rent-2-Buy contract?
- Not a problem. After 3 months you can cancel with 4 weeks notice, but you do lose all your rental payments up to that point as long as you mileage doesn’t exceed 800 miles per week up to the date of cancellation. If it does exceed 800 miles you may be liable for any excessive mileage charges.
- What happens if I wish to cancel the Rent-2-Buy Contract and had a fault accident?
- If you had a fault accident whilst on the Rent-2-Buy Contract then you will still be liable for the insurance premium.
- How do the insurance costs work?
- It’s free and included in your Rent 2 Buy plan. We have made it simple, so there is only one price to pay per week.
- What is ‘Delivery Mileage’?
- Delivery mileage is the mileage on the clock from the dealership to the Transport for London licensing facility and then to our garage where you collect your new car. This is usually 30-40 miles
- Is there a mileage restriction?
- Yes, there is a fair usage policy of 2,000 miles per month (24,000 per year). If you exceed this, you will be charged 20p per mile. If you continue to go over the mileage restriction you risk losing the car.
- Excess Mileage Charges
Mileage Cap 24,000 miles/year = 2,000 miles/month
EXCESS MILEAGE COSTS PER WEEK over the above cap
Penalty Charge Notices (PCN's)
- How does Otto Car transfer liability to the PCO driver?
- As the log book of the PCO car is in our name, the PCN will come to us first. We'll then transfer the PCN into the PCO drivers name who can then decide to pay or appeal it.
- Is there a administration charge for PCN's?
- Due to the amount of time and effort it takes to transfer liability, there is a small charge of £10. This is significantly lower than most of our competitors.
- What's included in the free servicing plan?
- Every PCO car is serviced at 10,000 miles (unless stated otherwise). Your service includes; oil change, oil filter, air filter & pollen filter. Our servicing department even books you, saving you time and effort.
- Does the car come with a PHV licence?
- Absolutely, your new car will be licensed and ready to use
- What's the Eco-Driving Course?
Our Eco-Driving Course serves two purposes. It helps PCO drivers reduce their costs by driving smarter, and also helps improve their overall standard of driving. It’s really a win-win, and to top it off, the course is completely free!
The course is part of the sign up process for both our PCO Car Hire and Rent 2 Buy scheme. In the event that a drivers standards are below what we perceive to be acceptable, we don’t fail anyone, instead we advise on what can be improved and ask them to come back at a later date.
- Can I change the colour of my car?
- Depending on the car, we have black, silver and white
- Leatherette Interior
- Leatherette seats are fitted in all our PCO cars FREE of charge! Please enquire about this during the order process.
- 4 Week Holiday Payment Break
Through our Rent-2-Buy scheme you are eligible for up to 4 weeks holiday payment break through the year. Your break can be split into weeks or taken all together. The choice is yours.
Minimum waiting period of 6 months before you can claim holiday break. Your Rent-2-Buy contract will be extended by the amount of weeks you take off e.g. taking 12 weeks off over 3 years = 12 weeks extension of your contract.
Back to Top
3 Sussex Place
London W6 9EA United Kingdom
53 Redbridge Lane East,
09:30am - 4:30pm